As per Prof. Fluhman's request, I will share this here:
As I sat, reflecting upon the historical import of my performance in the Fluhman Bracket Challenge 2012, I felt, as I imagine Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King, Jr. might have in their own own profound, personal precipitous tipping-points in history, as if I had stepped out of time. I could see it spread before me: eternities past, present, and future. I felt as if to behold, in the splinter of my mind's eye, the many participants of Fluhman Brackets in times passed who had gone on and, yea varily, even now have received their rewards. I witnessed those faithful and good servants who had yet to come and my heart yearned that their joy might be complete and matched with a near-perfect bracket. And then my heart groaned within me and I beheld those students who had taken second, or even third place in the annual competition. I watched as they were dismayed as their hope was denied them to be told, "Thou hast done well, but not well enough. Go take your place among those miserable and spiteful spirits who predicted a North Carolina victory." I imagined my brother, yea, even Cody Cripen, who was but one point shy of the victory he craved. I then cried aloud, "Is there no peace for these, my brethren?"
I then foresaw a miraculous deliverance as Professor Fluhman, in his good mercy, proffered a simple consolation prize to both Cody and I, which we both did cherish. I then thought, "What great mercy! What gentle kindness!" I then returned to myself and endeavored to deliver this vision to you. I lay it now at your feet and you may do with it as you will, to your own blessing or condemnation, though I could not imagine a greater condemnation than tying with Grace's bracket.
Will you heed this call, oh Brother Fluhman?
Your humble servant,
-Addison
No comments:
Post a Comment